Johnson & Johnson
APAC RWE & HE Intern
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
APAC RWE & HE Intern
(Jan 01 - Jun 30, 2023, Full time Internship, Monday- Friday)
(Non-credit bearing internship- Requires LOA OR Credit bearing internship)
Information on Market Access
The MA and Pricing team’s key role is to ensure that all appropriate patients who would benefit, get rapid and maintained access to our products. The clinical benefit of the drug vs competitors, how the drug is paid for whether by the patient or the government and what health care costs are offset or health outcomes improved as a result of patients having access to the medicine are areas that we research, study and communicate. The MA team are committed to providing the right therapy to the right patients throughout AP while maintain a collaborating and intellectual curious work environment. We have a unique marketing access with expertise in market access, policy, pricing and real-world evidence, from a diverse background (government, academia, industry) and geographies (across AP region, Europe and North America).
The position reports into an AP Real World Evidence & Health Economics (RWE-HE) Director and interfaces with members of the regional MA team in Asia Pacific markets. Therapeutic areas covered could include Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience or Infections Diseases.
The MA RWE-HE intern will be responsible for managing Market Access projects with focus on evidence generation and data analytics along with other access-related technical training activities.
By the end of the internship, the candidate will gain hands-on experiences in a real world database study using administrative claims or hospital medical databases to generate evidences in order to support market access strategy. The candidate will become familiar with the various functions working with the pharma industry and what role they place relative to market access. Last but not least, the candidate will have lots of opportunities to Improve communication skills.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Academic Background: Majoring in or completed a scientific degree (preferred); (Bio)statistics, mathematics, pharmacy, public health, biomedical sciences, biological sciences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to generate information and insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical expertise in data management (e.g. organising data into usable formats) and advanced statistical models (e.g. longitudinal data analysis using mixed model, generalized estimating equations and other advanced panel data techniques) and big data analytics, e.g. AI and machine learning (preferrable)
- Good communication skills (English): written and oral
- Knowledge and experiences of performing complex statistical analysis using statistical packages like (R, R shiny, SAS, STATA, Python, EXCEL..etc.) would be an asset
- Flexibility/agility to proactively to work in a matrix and international environment either independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic face to face or virtual environment shifting from strategic to operational tasks with positive attitude
Interested parties, please click on APPLY button.
Alternatively, you can share your CV at KWong38@ITS.JNJ.com
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R21100484