Johnson & Johnson
Lab Coordinator/ Supervisor
Lab Coordinator/ Supervisor
1 year contract, potential to renew
Come and join us!
Do you wish to work in a world-class organization trying your hands at something you have dreamt of doing?
“FIND YOUR PLACE” by joining our client Johnson & Johnson
Get an opportunity to explore new technology, learn new skills, enjoy the diverse and open culture, engagement and care, flexible working model, career opportunities, competitive salary and bonus, and endless amenities and benefits.
Johnson & Johnson WORKSENSETM (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging, and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
As an equal opportunity employer Johnson & Johnson value diversity at their company. They don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The position will lead and manage the lab activities in Singapore Research Lab including procurement of equipment, managing calibration scheduling and ensuring compliance and operational safety of the laboratory and its processes.
· Act as the primary interface between laboratory and external contacts (Vendors, suppliers), related to laboratory operation and liaise with vendors/suppliers on technical and quality issues.
· Manage the consumables inventory in laboratory and keep track stock levels.
· Procurement, inventory, and capitalization of asset Management.
· Manage Lab Operating Expenses.
General Laboratory Operations
· Maintain equipment calibrations and records in a timely manner to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Lead, establish, review and improve standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions (WI) in lab to ensure compliance. Conduct trainings on procedures, safety orientations to newcomers and lead refresher training to lab personnel.
· Establish team structure, roles and responsibilities to ensure the resource distributed evenly and lab run efficiently.
· Coordinate and schedule laboratory activities such as pH calibration, NaOH solution preparation etc.
· Provide logistic support and manage the incoming and outgoing shipment for the laboratory.
· Manage and maintain proper records keeping, data and document storage.
· Ensure the maintenance of general housekeeping and lab cleanliness.
· Support in-house quality audit and safety audit.
· Work closely with EHS Lead to develop and implement effective safety guidelines and standard operating procedures.
· Ensures activities and operations in the laboratory are in accordance with internal and external compliance (e.g., EHS), and are properly executed and followed.
· Lead Key Lab Activities such as Monthly Lab Meeting and Lab Safety Walkthrough and ensure timely completion of corrective actions.
· Facilitate the application of licenses and liaise with the relevant authorities for license/permit issues relating to chemical safety.
· Lead the chemical inventory system and handling of hazardous materials to ensure all the chemicals store properly in accordance with EHS.
· Ensure all the chemicals are disposed properly before expiry data and schedule the waste collection on timely manner.
· Support monthly chemical request from manufacturing plant.
· Lead and shape the Safety, Compliance and Good Lab Practice Culture of SRC.
Background (qualifications, experience and skill requirements)
• Diploma in Chemistry/ Biology/ Life science or relevant field with 2-3 years of lab experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites of applications
• Preferably experience in laboratory operation and maintenance
• Knowledge on procurement is preferred
• Basic working knowledge of EHS regulations. Preferred working knowledge of EHS management practices, processes, and expectations.
• Organized, meticulous and ability to efficiently organize tasks
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
Interested parties, please click on APPLY button.
Alternatively, you can share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1440247