Lead/Manager, Insights & Experience
Design Strategist Manager/Lead
1 Year Contract, High Potential to renew/convert to perm
What is the position?
Our Insights and Experience Strategy (IXS) team is responsible for delivering new product, service, and experience innovations, developed with the use of Design Thinking and Systems Thinking methodologies. IXS is also a change agent, introducing differentiated, design-related methodologies into the organization to enable new ways of working. IXS additionally develops new brand and communication strategies from an experiential foundation. Through Experience Design, we also design new business models and value exchange.
Our Design Team is looking for a creative and accomplished strategist for the role of Manager, Insights and Experience Strategy to be a key member of our new Singapore Design Lab. This position will focus on leading and collaborating on regional and global innovation initiatives and building innovation capacity to support short and long term business growth objectives in APAC. The Manager will work closely with partners in Marketing, R&D, Technology and other, internal service organizations that serve our Consumer and Healthcare business units.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for setting up and directing primary design research activities, leading teams through research and synthesis, facilitating the conceptualizing of future states, providing strategic direction and collaborating on designing compelling solutions that deliver on business requirements and, most importantly, the needs of people: consumers, patients, customers, health care providers and their beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with senior leaders within the region and other internal and external stakeholders to support effective program planning and execution.
- Lead and co-execute design-led innovation initiatives, including establishing and ensuring strong program management in close collaboration with our organization Design and the sponsoring team.
- Plan and execute primary and secondary design research that uncovers unique, actionable insights and opportunities that inspire teams to generate innovative solutions.
- Lead the synthesis of disparate inputs into clearly communicated opportunity areas, while also being able to facilitate ideation in workshop settings.
- In close collaboration with other designers, co-develop winning, innovative concepts that can be iterated with end users and other stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor juniors, and influence seniors on the finer aspects of design thinking and design-led innovation.
- Qualifications/ Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in a design related field is required. Masters desired.
- 8+ years of experience in one of these areas: Design Research / Strategy,
- Expert practitioner in Design Thinking, and design-led Innovation.
- Portfolio with case studies reflecting strong subject matter expertise with proven results in bringing compelling insights to teams that have resulted in demonstrable innovation.
- Proven results managing multi-disciplinary design teams is required.
- Strong facilitation skills required to engage a variety of stakeholders along the design process.
- Proficiency in design-related software such as Adobe CSS, as well as Microsoft Office Suite, prototyping skills of any fidelity, are strongly desired.
- Experience in navigating large, matrixed organizations is highly desired.
- Extensive ethnographic research experience and network in APAC a plus.
- The role is located in Singapore and may require a minimum of 25%.international travel.
On top of a competitive base salary, the company offers excellent career and training opportunities, attractive benefits, and bonus schemes.
Interested parties, please click on APPLY button.
Alternatively, you can share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1440247