Johnson & Johnson
Trade Compliance Project Manager
Trade Compliance Project Manager
1 year contract, with high potential to renew/ convert
Come and join us!
Do you wish to work in a world-class organization trying your hands at something you have dreamt of doing?
“FIND YOUR PLACE” by joining our client Johnson & Johnson
Get an opportunity to explore new technology, learn new skills, enjoy the diverse and open culture, engagement and care, flexible working model, career opportunities, competitive salary and bonus, and endless amenities and benefits.
Johnson & Johnson WORKSENSETM (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging, and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
About Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
As an equal opportunity employer Johnson & Johnson value diversity at their company. They don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The DELIVER organization strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing functions such as distribution, customer service, logistics, and transportation across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DELIVER supports all sectors of Johnson & Johnson and DELIVER manages a complex network of Distribution centers (DC’s) and Customer Services centers across APAC supporting multiple distribution channels to J&J broad range of customers. Since 2013, DELIVER has undertaken a complete review of its network and consolidated its footprint while driving outstanding distribution operations and leveraging Third Party Logistic sourcing base.
As part of commitment, the Regional DELIVER Excellence (RDEx) Trade Compliance team conducts internal audits to ensure an effective set of internal controls exists to fulfill J&J trade compliance obligations. This team ensures that local operating companies are compliant with government regulations and J&J policies. We advance DELIVER’s Trade Compliance capabilities by facilitating the deployment of enterprise-wide standards, processes and tools to deliver consistent practices across our diverse organization. The RDEx Trade Compliance team partners closely with stakeholders to build trade compliance competency in the APAC region.
The RDEx Trade Compliance Project Manager will be the key partner who shapes the future of trade compliance in J&J as we look to strengthen regional capabilities to drive efficiency, compliance, and functional maturity of the Trade Compliance pillar. Be part of the team to design solutions that adapt to the ever-changing international trade environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Drive major projects, focused on design and deployment of key initiatives, including Global Trade Operating Model (GTOM) and Trade Compliance digitalization
- Monitor Industry trends: identify, evaluate, and communicate legislation that could have legal, operational impact to Johnson & Johnson.
- Lead (or partner with consultants where necessary) to evaluate special trade programs such as (Duties Drawbacks and Free Trade Agreements) that can improve financial position.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
- Lead the implementation of strategic initiatives and projects related to Trade Compliance within APAC and partner with Global team
- Assess the state of compliance against applicable government regulations and internal standards through internal audits of local companies in Asia Pacific.
- Provide trade compliance direction to Johnson & Johnson business function, including support for government audits, general advisory and facilitating issue resolution.
- Support Consumer Asia Pacific Supply Chain in the trade compliance operations matters.
- Develop and maintain an effective regional training program to improve trade compliance competency in local companies.
- Ensures effective integration of global trade compliance processes and standards within APAC
- Provides expert insights on obligations of companies importing and exporting consumer, hospital and pharmacy products and materials
- Strong experience in Global Trade Management tools including sytems design, UAT testing and deployment across multiple countries
- Lead and participate in various Global and Regional Initiatives to support J&J Strategic Goals
- Standardize processes across the broader Trade Compliance Community
- Builds exceptional partnership and relationship across affiliate/regional/global teams to scout business opportunities and translates them into solutions
- Provides strategic and process support to local Trade Compliance teams
Experience and functional competencies:
- Bachelor or master’s degree or the equivalent in experience (Supply Chain, Transport & Distribution, Logistics, International Studies, Legal, Economics, Financial)
- 8 - 10 years in Trade Compliance & Facilitation experience in a multi-national company
- Expert knowledge in customs regulations, including valuation, classification, and special trade programs in Asia Pacific countries.
- Previous experience in leading TC digitalization solutions.
- Process oriented mindset and able to manage complexity and change.
- Strong project management competencies and experience
- Consulting experience in Healthcare industry highly preferred.
- Experience in implementing Asian Customs compliance program
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Track record in influencing a diverse range of stakeholders to shape a desired outcome.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and success building best-in-class organizations (e.g., building standards, designing processes)
- Presence and persistence to face off with and be a challenge partner to business leaders throughout regional Deliver
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
Interested parties, please apply through this link https://jnj-apac.talent-pool.com/projects OR click on APPLY button.
Alternatively, you can share your CV at email@example.com
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1440247