Johnson & Johnson
Commercial Integration (Marketing) Lead/ Director
Commercial Integration (Marketing) Lead/ Director
1 years contract, potential to renew/ convert
Johnson & Johnson WORKSENSETM (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
The new European Medical Device Regulation (EU MDR) ensures high standards of quality and safety for medical devices that are being produced in Europe or being supplied to the European market. EU MDR is establishing a robust, transparent, predictable and sustainable regulatory framework for medical devices to ensure a high level of health and safety whilst supporting innovation. These EU medical device regulation changes were published in May 2017 and will come into force in May 2021 and whilst originating from within the EU market, there are implications for markets which rely up on CE certification for market access also. The implementation period runs until May 2024. In addition, Medical Device companies with Global footprints, will see implications for their businesses outside of the EU.
Within Medical Devices, it is the largest regulatory program undertaken, driving substantial changes which pose both opportunities and challenges for our customers and patients, as well as our sales and marketing teams.
The EU MDR APAC Commercial Integration Lead is a high-profile, leadership role, tasked with the translation of the Global Franchise execution strategy into meaningful and actionable outcomes for our APAC Commercial leadership across all Medical Device Franchises. With a broad spectrum of implications, such as the below, the criticality of this role is in ensuring the that our Medical Device commercial organizations and leadership in APAC, understand the implications of EU MDR for their market, their product offerings and their customers, such that the est.$6B of APAC revenue implicated in EU MDR, is protected.
The individual will also ensure that EU MDR is effectively and efficiently incorporated into the future state commercial strategies of our Medical Device businesses, through engagement with key individuals within the Commercial and Marketing space as well as the with the broader Medical Device leadership teams within Ethicon, Depuy Synthes and CSS, underpinned by close collaboration
with the EU MDR Core Leadership team.
This is a unique opportunity to shape and influence mid to long-term strategy for our commercial landscape. It is a highly visible role, operating under a level of autonomy and self-direction but which requires a keen understanding of how our Medical Device businesses operate and with the ability to engage and affect outcomes successfully by adapting and applying operational and commercial insights.
- Drawing on commercial acumen, identify the critical market and customer implications of the core components of the new EU MDR and ascertain priority of engagement
- Translate the critical execution strategy elements of the regulation into meaningful language which clearly articulates the implications, risks and opportunities for the commercial community.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, develop and shape appropriate communications to support local market and regional teams in their engagement with customers
- Draw meaningful and data-based conclusion on implications of the execution strategy which may influence:
- Portfolio decisions & profitability
- Marketing materials and product labelling
- Go-To-Market strategies
- Product clinical indications
- Tenders landscape
- Existing & future contractual customer obligations
- Ascertain where regional changes with the EU, associated with EU MDR, may impact commercial strategies and/or customers in other regions and geographies
- Aide commercial and product management leadership in understanding the potential crossover or interdependencies of other key strategic programs which may need to consider EU MDR
- Compliment the management and communication of strategic changes by our business Platforms (e.g. portfolio changes, or changes in indications) by bringing an MD Level understanding and representation, as this is needed at a Country or Hospital level (since they often use more than one Franchise/Platform)
- Ensure that all EU MDR budget activity is in full compliance to our GAAP and Non-GAAP financial treatment rules.
- Develop and frame suitable presentation and communication content for various leadership reviews (i.e. EU MDR leaders, MDLT, Corporate Consolidations, etc.).
- Ability to operate at a senior leadership level within the organization and adept at engaging individuals and organizations from the mid-management level upwards.
- Understands the commercial landscape at Medical Devices
- Has an existing network within the Commercial and/or Operational space which will underpin their ability to be successful in this role
- Is not afraid to operate in spaces of ambiguity and to shape strategy and outcomes in an autonomous, but pressurized environment.
- Excellent proficiency in relationship management and networking, maintaining multiple conversations across a varied network of stakeholders
- Ability to make the complex simple and translate strategy into strong execution efforts
- Ability to create & lead cross-function teams (without any direct line reporting)
- Formulate recommendations that drive sound decisions and delivers results
- Min Degree with 8-15 years of relevant experience. Preferably someone with a commercial background but who has had exposure to the operational aspects of the Medical Devices businesses i.e. Supply Chain, Product Management, Quality etc
- A proven track record in managing across the depth and breadth of the organization in the context of a large-scale program.
- Proven ability to ingest and distil large volumes of information and data and translate into relatable context and content for a varied audience
- Prior experience of tender activity and multi-faceted Go-To-Market strategies preferred.
- An ability to translate tactical compliance elements i.e. changes to labelling, documentation (i.e. IFU) procedures etc into relatable implications for customers and our commercial teams is required. This to include an understanding of how such changes may have clinical indication implications or may impact on tender or contractual obligations.
Why join Johnson & Johnson?
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
As an equal opportunity employer Johnson & Johnson value diversity at their company. They don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
On top of a competitive base salary, the company offers excellent career and training opportunities, attractive benefits and bonus schemes.
Interested parties, please click on APPLY button.
Alternatively, you can share your CV at email@example.com
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1440247